Gudhi Padwa, a holy festival, is a start of the New Year of the Hindus. Gudhi is raised by people on the day of Gudhi Padwa. It's a sign of victory of good over evil.
The reasons behind raising a Gudhi are:
1. On the first day of Chaitra month, the season of spring arrives. It's a season of nature's renewal.
2. Gudhi represents Lord Rama’s victory over Ravana.
3. On this day, the King Shalivahana defeated Sakas.
4. On this day, the universe was created by Lord Brahma.
5. Gudhi invites prosperity and good fortune into the house.
On Gudhi Padwa, a new silver, copper or bronze pot covered in red, yellow or Green cloth along with gathi (a type of sweet), neem leaves, mango leaves and a garland of red flowers is tied to a long bamboo. Altogether, it is called as "Gudhi". Then the Gudhi is raised in a high place so that it can be visible from far.
On the day of Gudhi Padwa, people fully clean their house. Rangoli designs are drawn and colored on the doorsteps. Family members wear new clothes. Shrikand and Poori is prepared on this occasion. People eat a mixture of Neem and Jaggery as prasad.
So celebrate this auspicious occasion of Gudhi Padwa Amidst Fanfare & Religious fervor. May the day bestow on you & your family members…
Mantra Resort Team wishes you a Prosperous New Year..
Good Luck, Health, Happy Times! Happy Gudhi Padwa 2016...